Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Oh Yes, about That Sawtooth Edging Pattern

Well. I am a silly goose. I said I'd put the sawtooth edging at the end of yesterday's post, but I didn't. I am glad Kelli reminded me. It's really easy to memorize and works up fast, making nice right triangles. OK here goes:


Sawtooth Border Edging

Set Up: Start with all your last row of stitches on one needle, then CO 8

Row 1: PB, P1 (that's the stitch with the bead on it), K6, K2togW
Row 2 and every even row except 14: Sl1, K to end
Row 3: Sl1, K2tog, K4, K2togW
Row 5: Sl1, K2tog, K3, K2togW
Row 7: Sl1, K2tog, K2, K2togW
Row 9: Sl1, K2tog, K1, K2togW
Row 11: Sl1, K2tog, K2togW
Row 13: Sl1, K3togW
Row 14: Sl1, K1, CO6


Abbreviations:

  • CO: Cast on, preferably using knitted cast on. Alternative: backward loop cast on
  • PB: Place Bead (insert bead on crochet hook, catch next stitch on hook, slide bead over stitch, place stitch back on needle)
  • K2tog: Knit 2 together
  • k2togW: Knit last stitch of border together with next stitch on the body of the project (I admit I made that up)
  • K3togW: Knit last two stitches of border together with next stitch on the body of the project
  • Sl1: Slip 1
  • P: Purl
  • K: Knit

Please let me know if you try this and something doesn't work. Mainly I hope the set-up row is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!