Monday, December 7, 2009

Toys

As much as I like to knit and crochet, I never got to like making toys much. Mine never look as cute as the ones in the pictures. I envy people who make cute "things" out of their craft, like Jennifer, who makes food and stuff.

If my mom were still alive, I'd see if she would crochet me this toy turtle. It is so cute. I love its face and its little turtle outfit. I wonder when you get too old to receive toys as holiday gifts? Sometimes I really miss my mom, though my step-mother has always been great with little treats (I hope she gets me nothing this year--she's had a broken arm and hurt leg).

I don't think anyone's getting a toy this year at my house. Beccano got a bass, which he plays on, but not with. Tuba Boy's getting an iPod, which he will play, but not play with. And I am afraid the couch Lee and I were going to get has morphed into a hot water heater.

I'll get my spirit back as I work on gifts for others. And I did send off a knitted gift to a Yule exchange partner today. I hope it makes the recipient happy!

Back to dreaming about toy turtles!

5 comments:

  1. Eeeeeek! That turtle is so cute I can barely stand myself! LOVE IT!

    Hey ... wanna do a swap? I can make you this turtle ...

    And by the way ... you're *never* too old to receive toys as gifts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, you are such a good knitter--what could I make that you couldn't do a better job of yourself? I'd sure be happy to swap for something after the holiday rush, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the colors on that turtle could be more appealing. I knit an elephant and was very happy with it: Elijah by Ysolda Teague. And there's a rabbit out there basically constructed from a knit square that is too cute.

    I know this time of year is hard, starting with Thanksgiving. Maybe we connect through the thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, ouch! So sorry about the couch/water heater substitution!
    That's like buying car tires, necessary but just not something you can get excited about...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe YOU envy Me! You are the queen of knitting. I totally envy all the beautiful sweaters and wearables you make!!

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!