Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Braved the Storm

Last night was another fun Monday with knitting friends. It's becoming a very nice almost-weekly event to head over to Dawn's and knit and snack for a while!

This week we had three birthdays to celebrate, and we had quite a party. Kim got tiaras and wands for me, Suzanne and Aggie (March 5, 6, and 8). And I brought ice cream and Suzanne and Aggie each brought cakes. Even though I am on a diet, I had to eat some Italian Creme Cake from the wonderful Upper Crust Bakery in Austin. I will not pass up that kind of opportunity!

Yes, we stuck our wands in our shirts. We thought it looked "classy." I'm just glad that one day a year when I am older than Suzanne is over! She can't call me an old lady any more!

We all had a great time knitting and chatting, which is good, because a big rainstorm blew in, complete with very loud thunder and bright lightning. So, we stayed until it had passed. Like it used to be in the LYS, we certainly touched on some "interesting" topics. Laughter is the best medicine, and I am pretty sure we all went home feeling a lot better, no matter how we felt when we arrived!

The new mittens are going well. I am an inch or so into the patterning part, and am a little concerned that once again I picked yarns without enough contrast. I am going to keep going, though, and even if the yarns don't contrast enough, I'll wear them. I so have other yarn that definitely DOES contrast to try another pair with.

Oh, my sweet older son got me a knitting-related birthday gift, the Joy of Sox book. I did have a copy (at first I couldn't remember if I'd just looked at someone else's copy or had one), but I was impressed that he took the time to think of an appropriate gift, but also couldn't resist the pun.

So, hey, two posts in two days. Obviously I need to get back to that job hunting--still waiting for my other job to pick up again!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds & looks like you girls had a lot of fun! That's great that you have a little group to get together with on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!