Yes, I did finish the Aeolian shawl. A couple of irritating things happened on the bind off, such as a knot in the yarn, but it's all done. I got some pictures taken by John Francis of the finished blobby mess, and now that they are here, enjoy an unblocked photo:
Now, I will wait until blocking for the Big Reveal of it looking good! The blocking mats still aren't here, so it may be a few days.
In the meantime I have taken a little break and just for fun started a couple of projects. This is just a little scarf in a pattern called Modern Mermaid that I got from Hill Country Weavers. Suzanne the owner of the shop designed it. I knew what yarn I'd use on it the second I saw the pattern (designed for Berroco Seduce). I am making it from my precious skein of Tili Thomas Voile de Mer (silk and seacell). I am adding beads exactly the color of the yarn, and they are sort of tucked in next to yarnovers. I wanted them very subtle, like they just peak out. And that's what they do, so I marked them using my fabulous graphic design skills. You might be able to see them if you enlarge the photo. I was thinking of making this as a special gift. And I'm not sure how soon I will get to finishing it, since I will be back to the Lady Jane vest after my fun experimenting today.
The other new thing I couldn't resist trying is the lace entrelac shawl, Dianna, which I've been raving about for quite a while! I was all confused at first, but now that I have three rows done, I can see where the squares are supposed to go and I think it will zoom along now. I was also confused for a bit and thought maybe the shawl was just modular knitting, but now I am sure it's really entrelac. I can even knit backward on it, though I have to say purling backwards is not my best skill. It's rather heavy on the dark green at first, but the beads look nice. I showed you the yarn in my last post, some Noro Kureyon sock yarn. I think the beads add something to it, since it isn't as dainty in the sock-weight yarn. The thicker yarn is hard on my size 12 crochet hook--it keeps bending. I hope it makes it through the project!
Now that I got my urge to start new things out of the way (I spent three whole weeks totally dedicated to Aeolian!), I will go back to my lovely vest, in anticipation of the other yarn I ordered to make the second Lady Jane.
By the way, I am just putting in Ravelry links here willy nilly, assuming you all can see them. If not, I will always be putting in photos of my finished projects eventually, so you will see!