Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bummer, Re-do

I messed up at the end of the row and didn't notice it for a whole repeat of the yucca pattern in the Aeolian, so I have to rip out and re-do. That's what I get for knitting lace with kids running wild at the yarn shop. I just hope I can do this without ruining anything. And I don't lose beads. Sigh.

On the other hand, I am glad I made it to the shop for a few minutes, since I got to have nice conversations and see friends I hadn't seen in a long time. But, wah, one of them left her knitting and cell phone at the shop. That did give Pilar, John Francis and me a chance to hang out at Starbucks in hopes they came back, but in the end, they had to come to my house to retrieve the two valuable items.

[a few hours later]

I am very, very proud of myself. I un-did all 8 rows of "bad" knitting and got the yarn back on the needles successfully. Whew. The key for me is to go down to the purl row before where you want to be, because those are easier to un-knit.

Work ended early, so I took myself back to the shop and re-did the messed up parts. Though I did get distracted again by tantrums, I fixed that mistake without having to re-knit, and am now back on track. Whew.

The Aeolian is a lovely shawl and I am growing more and more fond of my slightly subdued bead choice. Whew. I am glad to have Lady Jane as relief knitting, though!

1 comment:

  1. That is a lovely shawl!

    I needed that double central decrease. I wonder why nobody figured it out before? Or maybe they did and I just have the wrong reference books.

    That yarn made the scariest socks you ever saw. But is is great for illustrating knitting methods, because each stitch is a different screaming color :)

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!