Sunday, October 26, 2008

Crappy Dappy Doo

My socks won't go on my feet. That means they certainly will not go on the feet of an elderly gentleman. My cute pattern makes the knitting not give very much.

Back to the starting line. I sure have been having some knitting issues, haven't I?

The yarn will now be socks in a fisherman's rib pattern that I found in More Sensational Socks. Oh well, I did something creative, even if it didn't work out.

I got a couple of new books, so I think I will go read them. They are:

  • Knitting on Top of the World, by Nicky Epstein, a coffee table book but very lovely
  • Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders, by Judith Durant, another in that series I like so much, featuring many lace scarves made from yarns with a lot of yardage per skein
  • Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns, by no one and originally in Italian, on deep discount at Barnes & Noble, but hey I got almost 300 pages of patterns for less than $6.
But I don't know. Do I trust myself to knit anything at this point? YOW I keep messing up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, nice, luxury yarn one skein wonders sounds like just the book I want to have :-)

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!