Thursday, January 15, 2009

Poor Lonely Sock


Spring Cable Sock in Progress
Originally uploaded by sunasak
I wrote this whole post and lost my connectioni to Flickr, so I am bravely trying again, this time pausing to copy the text every so often.

Anyways...here you see my poor sock that has been on the needles since the beginning of November, back when i was a single person, not a wife, even. The good news is that the sock is now a whole sock, and its friend is getting close to the heel, thanks to three days of time to knit at work, plus time at choir yesterday.

These are actually quite beautiful socks, and this blurry, sorta washed-out picture really does not do them justice. They are made from that Creatively Dyed Luxury yarn i have raved about previously. It is so soft and the colors are so deep and varied--mostly shades of turquoise but also green and burgundies. You probably can't tell, but there is a cable in a seed stitch background on one edge. The second sock will have the cable on the other side. Now I have to decide, inside so I can see them or outside so anyone who happened to look at my foot would see them? (The only people who ever look that closely, of course, are other sock knitters.)

I would love to be able to tell you that I had a wonderful experience grafting the toe of the first sock. But, alas, I got distracted about 3/4 of the way through and got off somehow. had a nice hole. This taught me what my real grafting issue is: I just can't recover if I mess up. I have a horrible time tinking grafts, getting the stitches back in position, and re-doing it. So, never look closely at athat sock.

Now, remain seated. I don't want you to hurt yourself if you faint. But I actually have been working on the orange alpaca sweater. I finished the first arm and am on the second one's border. I learned something from this one, too. It can be hard to figure out what you were doing on a project that you've modified the instructions on. I am doing the sleeves in the round, and had to figure out how I did the first one. They look nice, though, and that saves two long seams to have to carefully do.

I look forward to getting this done, and feel like then I can start a new sweater (from stash of course) with no guilt. Then I can finish one of my shawls. One new, one finish. I can do that. Sure.

2 comments:

  1. I'll see yah at Scooter's tomorrow, then! :-)

    And, of course you are amongst those famous bloggers...cuz you so rock dah haas!! *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can... I like the sock.

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!