Thursday, November 1, 2007

Oh Look, More Yarn...zzz

Oh, who could ever REALLY get tired of looking at lovely knitting yarn? Especially wool/cashmere that comes with a free matching stitch marker? Not me!

My Halloween gifts were three skeins of Loopy Ewe yarn and a lovely shawl pin from That Logan Chick who also designed the Agatha Shawl pattern I recently ordered (links to her Etsy shop are on this blog). The shawl pin is very light, even though it has a lot of beads on it. Lee said it could be "something blue" for the wedding. Not sure why I picked blue--guess I liked the bead.

Yarns are:

* The new Cherry Tree Hill limited edition Cherry Blossom color (very interesting--has more blue than I expected)
* The one in the photo, from Perchance to Knit, Rainbow Black. Really a neat idea--I like black in the rainbow.
* Another one from Perchance to Knit: Midnight Rainbow/Harlot's Peacock (no idea how it got the name), which is intensely beautiful--a rainbow overdyed with black. In person, it is really, really cool--Lee said it was the best sock yarn I have bought yet, and I have subjected that man to a lot of sock yarn in the past year or so.

All the knitting I did yesterday was on Shedir. I am almost up to the decreasing section, which means I'm in the home stretch. I'd like to finish it so I can get it in the mail! Then, back to the Christmas gifts!

There, I posted on the first day of November, so far batting a thousand on the "every day of the month" thing everyone is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!