Sunday, December 23, 2007

Weekend Knitting


Shag scarf
Originally uploaded by sunasak
While patiently working away on Lee's cardigan, I just could not HELP myself from starting this little scarf. I love the yarn and the pattern is such a hoot! You build triangles that rise from the scarf base in a happy 3D way, and it's especially fun the way the yarn changes colors. I highly recommend this project for fun knitting and a good gift (except mine is for me!). This is the Shag scarf from Knitting New Scarves, a book with some weird looking items, but lots of fun things to do (other bloggers have made much harder items from the book, but this one is fine with me! [Edited to include a link to the FREE version of the pattern, so you can go knit one now]

I'm still going to work on the cardigan, plug away on Juno Regina when I get tired of stockinette, and work on my sock when I need some tiny knitting to work on. Lots of fun to distract me from interviews!

Happy holiday knitting!

3 comments:

  1. BTW, the Shag Scarf pattern is posted on the book's website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, really? I could not find it, but I may have been looking in the wrong spot. Can you send me the URL? Some of my friends requested that I share the pattern, but I cited copyright and just referred them to the book...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it and it's now linked in the body of the post.

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!