Sunday, March 22, 2009

Keeping My Bargain with Myself

I am proud of myself. At the beginning of the year, I said I would complete a work in progress for every new item started. I also vowed to try to use up my stash. And lookee here. I finished the Itchy Shalom sweater that I started back in September, thereby removing another item from the WIP list. And it used up my Brindle Hill Leicester Longwool stash, too. The colors are beautiful, aren't they? They do sort of remind me of Red Hat Ladies, but those dears don't own the colors red and purple, do they? I'd be scary if I put on my red cowboy hat with this, though!

As you can see from the back view, I did not put any sleeves on it. I have a little yarn left, so I may tighten up the sleeves a bit. But, I ran out of yarn right where I'd hoped to end the body of the sweater. Nothing left for sleeves.

As you can see, I made it shorter than the original. It looks funny on the bottom because I haven't blocked it yet. That's next on the agenda.

I am waiting to get buttons for it, since week after next I am hoping to go to Old Oaks Ranch as part of a Hill Country Getaway with Lee. They say they have lots of buttons there, so I wan tto check that out. I am holding the sweater together with a hair clip.

Speaking of hair, yes, it is a different color. But at least you won't have to look at my gray patch for a while. I have job interviews coming up, so I want to look young-ish.

Now that I have made two of these sweaters, I will give them a rest. Everyone I know seems to have made one since my original last fall--the ones with sleeves have been very nice, so I am kind of tempted to get enough yarn to do that...at the same time there are so many other options for patterns that I hate to repeat the same one over and over!

I have started my next "new" project, the Flit 'n Float scarf that Birdy designed. I will share my progress on that one with you tomorrow. For my next "WIP" project, I will re-start Bridget with larger needles and more stitches. That's one I can work on without too much thought, so it will be a good carry-along project.

The sock is moving along a few rows per day. It'll move along faster next week when I have waiting to do and can't carry the big bag around.

I hope you had a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for checkig out the little UT sweater for Mr.Cheeky Monkey. Wow! you are cranking out the F.O. Love the colors with this sweater, can't wait to see the "magic" that happens with blocking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's so very nice and what a nice picture of you!

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!