Monday, June 18, 2007

Future Project


Alpaca/Wool Yarn
Originally uploaded by sunasak
This is the yarn I may use for a sweater for Lee. It's Berocco Ultra Alpaca, 50% alpaca, 50% wool. The colors are, I believe, agate and tiger eye blends. He wants the body blue and the cuffs, edge and pockets brown. OK. His choice!

I want to make Guido, the simple manly cardigan pattern in the beloved Debbie Bliss Rialto book, but the LYS doesn't have Rialto in sufficient quantities in the right shade to make it with that yarn. I put a piece of my off-white Rialto in the picture to show they are the same DK weight.

I did buy some more Rialto on Saturday, though. The pink colorway, so that I can make the short-sleeved cable sweater in the Rialto book (don't have the book here so I can't remember its name). This yarn will make beautiful cables and is in a really nice pink. Pink, I either love it or hate it depending on shade.

I did a lot of heavy lifting over the weekend, which made my hands hurt, so I didn't get as much done on Juliet as I had hoped. I am mostly through the first sleeve, however. Distractions at the yarn shop, and fatigue at home meant I kept messing up and tinking rows. I am about ready to start the gusset on the sock, which I only worked on in the car or U-Haul. Photo tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!