Friday, June 8, 2007

Hope for New Photos!


conchoback
Originally uploaded by sunasak
I wanted to let you all know that very soon now I'll have new photos again, including one that looks reasonable of the Shiny Green sweater. I orderd my own camera, so it won't move away, get given away or otherwise disappear. I've actually never owned my own digital camera! I ordered a Canon PowerShot A550 7.1 megapixel model with 4x zoom from overstock.com, and got a pretty darned good price (original goals were a gift for Lee and sheets for Beccano's bed, but no sheets--scored on the gift, though). No, not the fanciest, but it will take good pictures of knitting--it's derived from the camera that took the photo on today's entry. Only cheaper and more megapixels.

So, today I share a picture of the vest that was in the background of the dog sweater picture. The inspiration was a pattern in the book Dazzling Knits: Building Blocks to Creative Knitting, by Patricia Werner. I used two colorways of Noro Silk Garden. I remember I knitted it while watching the last Winter Olympics. I simply could NOT stop working on it, because it was so much fun seeing what color combination was going to come up. There is a front view here, featuring my previous hair color scheme.

Modular knitting is so much fun. I can't believe I haven't done any more of it--all the motifs in the Dazzling Knits book are great. Well, I am trying to decide how to make the afghan that Jody is going to dye me DK weight yarn for to match my new media room (colros are a lovely dark red, rich tan and denim blue). I had thought of a log cabin deal, but maybe I'll go modular.

Suggestions? I'd appreciate ideas to mull over.

2 comments:

  1. I hope I am not repeating myself but this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are no mere knitter, my dear. You are an artist. All I can say is WOW. Keep those purty pictures coming...once the new camera arrives, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!