Friday, June 22, 2007

Shiny Green Sweater, Slightly Better


Shiny Green Sweater
Originally uploaded by sunasak
I'd been promising a better photo of the Shiny Green Sweater I finished a few weeks ago, but the one that a friend took last week still hasn't been sent to me. So, I took one for myself, in the bathroom mirror. I'd hoped the "special undergarment" I bought would look nice, but nope. I think I will get either a solid black or solid white 3/4 sleeve shirt to wear under it.

It's all wrinkled because I hadn't folded it well. I think when I am all settled from home improvements and travel in a week or two, I will reblock this, and see if I can get it to be more the size it was when it came off the needles--the sleeves hugged my arm, and the bottom hugged my hips. I think in trying to make sure the lace was well blocked, the rest stretched out.

Live and learn, only this is live and learn on expensive yarn!

In other progress, I began a cable rib top to my sock, only to find that the cable I was using made the sock not put-on-able. So, 2x2 rib it is. A nice, wearable sock. And this way I can zoom through sock #2 in planes, cars and airports, and try something fun for the next pair. One of the new ones in Knitty maybe.

As for my hair. Well, I got it re-colored yesterday and allowed my new hairdresser to put me in rollers and "set" it. I ended up looking a bit like Tammy Wynette. This photo is after it calmed down considerably. I must say it is silky and smooth.

2 comments:

  1. You, and the shiny green sweater are gorgeous! Would you mind sharing where the pattern for the sweater can be found? Thanks, Elizabeth
    lizard_knits AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about not listing it here--I did when I first posted the icky picture of the same sweater! It's from Rebecca Magazine #33, which came out in late spring 2007.

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!