Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another Finished Item!


Cable Lace Top
Originally uploaded by sunasak
Look at me, I am wearing a very holey top. You can feel the air coming through the holes. It really doesn't look too bad with just the nude bra, but I think I will wear a camisole instead, when I am out in public. This really looks cute, I think. I especially like the way the back looks.

I could sort of kick myself, though. I had so much trouble figuring out how to set up the lace pattern for the peplum part. If I had only thought to look on the Vogue Knitting site, I would have found extensive errata telling me how to do it, and that I needed to switch back to larger needles, another thing missing in the instructions. You know, as an editor, I have a hard time believing they don't have test knitters. Glad I decided to not make that lace shrug for a wedding outfit, since it had over a page of revised instructions.

For the cover sweater there are some slight changes and a diagram of recommended shaping that is incomprehensible to me at this point, but I hope it will make more sense when I print it out. I do love diagrams, after all. Now I am a little scared to start it, though. But, I bought white yarn, so I have to, hee hee.

Beccano has asked for a skater cap, so maybe I'll do that first. I know where those patterns are and how to make them!!

I hope you enjoy this outfit, though. I am really happy with it.

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! You really did a wonderful job and it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree. It is simply stunning. I’m very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, girl! The color is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!