Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Again I Am Happy with the Random Number Generator!

A quick post to say how happy I am to get to knit with this Urban GypZ yarn (from the Loopy Ewe), so thanks, Random Number Generator! I'll have those Undercover Escalator Socks done by the time my bus ride home is finished, so I get to make something with this really cool stuff. I think I am going to use that interesting rib that the first Sock Wars socks were made from: K3, P3 on one row followed by K1, P1 on the next. They'll zoom!

I am also really, really enjoying knitting my second attempt at the Sideways Cardigan from the 2008 Vogue Knitting (especially having already read the errata!). The Cascade Pima Tencel yarn feels almost as nice as Panda Cotton. It is very, very soft, and lighter than plain cotton. It also is not splitty, at all. If you ever need a worsted weight cotton that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, this is a great choice. I'm through three pattern repeats on the back. I won't be worried until I get to that intimidating chart for the top part!

My son has asked for a skater cap, so I plan to get yarn for that tomorrow, for him. He will be pleased, and it will go fast. I am going to make one in shaker rib out of that same Stitch-n-Bitch for dudes book I made both boys items from over the past holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!