Monday, October 8, 2007

Progress Report A: Mr. Greenjeans in Red

Today will mostly be progress reports on what I got done, or didn't get done, over the weekend. Most of the weekend was spent on Mr. Greenjeans in Red, pictured here. My insistence on knitting things at a finer gauge than some people would means that there is a lot of yarn in my knitting. Whew. I feel like I have been knitting on this forever, and was really relieved when I got to the cable rib border, because it is less mind-numbing than row after row of back-and-forth stockinette.

I got 1/3 the way through with the border. It needs to be 12 inches long, and I have 4 inches (60 cm/20cm to metric people). I sure like the way it looks, and it should be nice and warm. The Cascade 220 hand painted does seem to attract hair like a magnet. Both dog hair and people hair.

My guess is that by the end of next weekend this will be done, since I have very long bus rides and lots of sitting around to do for a lengthy band trip on Saturday. I'll keep plugging away whenever I am home this week, and get another skein of yarn, just in case I need it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh one of the main reasons I just can't knit sweaters in stockinette. I go batty doing row after row of mindless knit a row, purl a row, knit a row, purl a row, knit a row..... ad naseum. Give me a good cable or colorwork piece anyday!

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!