But the ones I use the most are by Entrelac, who is a nice woman named Ana. She used to come to my LYS with her equally nice friend. I enjoyed them a lot (I think they now hang out at a new store closer to where they live, but I did see them at Kid'n Ewe). Why do I use these stitch markers? Because:
1. They do not catch on anything. No edges. This is the #1 most wonderful feature.
2. They are in pretty colors of wire and interesting metals.
3. They (at least mine) are shiny and are made of lovely little beads of various types. I can't decide whether pretty colors or shiny beads is the second best feature. These are tied.
4. They are thin enough that they don't mess up my stitches or get in my way. But they still show up.
5. They do not weigh down your lace, if that's what you're making.
I have three different sizes and colors. The ones I love the most are tiny pinkish ones with clear glass beads that have a little pink in them. When you are knitting, they look like pretty decorative jewels. I do want more, and will get some when the finances settle, I know! I was heartbroken when one of the little ones bounced off my sock and into the bowels of Bible Stadium (named after a person, not a book) in Leander during a high school football game. WAH.
The reason it occurred to me that I ought to mention my love for these stitch markers is that I read on Sheri's blog that the Loopy Ewe
End of completely unsolicited commercial. I get nothing out of this--I paid for my markers, with cash!
(Interesting aside, I don't think I have ever really told Ana how great I think her business is. Brilliant, huh. I guess I should. OK, I did.)
I will be traveling tomorrow so probably won't post, but will knit a lot: happy Thanksgiving to US readers!