Saturday, February 2, 2008

Seasonal Interruption

Awakening

Buds, as pale green lunar moths
Land overnight on the naked birches
And comes the warm Spring light
They will unfurl their sticky, verdant wings
And shed Winter's dark shell

(poem by: Silver Dragon )

I found this poem here. I chose it because it reminds me of the little sprouts I was spotting all over the garden today.

I am participating in the Bloggers Silent Poetry Reading that Stephanie the Yarn Harlot mentions every year. It's a nice way to honor my favorite goddess. And it makes me like the famous blogging knitter more, too.

Yesterday I got a lovely Imbolc gift--Lee sent off for this beautiful statue from Sacred Source, which I have mentioned before is run by my friend Liana's family. It was so cool to get it on the right holiday. The statue is just chock-a-block with Brighid symbolism, too. She has scrolls with ogham on them (poems), she is standing at her well (note resemblance to ACTUAL St. Bridget's Well in photo), she has lots of shamrocks and celtic knots, she has sheep that make knitters happy, and not shown in the back is a cool forge with a St. Bridget's cross on it, and a sword. Gotta remember she's that goddess, too! I love how detailed these statues are--the original artist knew her stuff.

In knitting news, I did teach a nice lady to knit today (even purling), I got to see some old friends (including a bulldog and a small, multilingual child) at the yarn shop, and I am almost finished with the back of the Inka pullover. The instructions for the back of that thing are NOT correct, so I am relieved that I figured out what to do anyway. Onward to the sleeves for Superbowl Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!