Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Something to Consider?

As you may have surmised, I am still looking for a job. Now I am trying to think of creative alternate careers, since technical writing, training and instructional design seem to be among the things let go of first in big corporations.

I figure that when unemployment runs out I will advertise knitting instruction on craigslist. Might as well. At that point, any income will be good.

My current only active job offer is a bit different, and it's a knitting job. People want me to design and knit up luxury dog sweaters. Apparently they have a market. So, if someday you hear of this place selling very small canine apparel for very large prices, I might be that knitter toiling away in the background. A thing I would only do if the price is right, believe me. I'll let you know if anything comes from this. I'll be getting a sample of the kind of thing they want soon, then I'll know more.

You just never know what will come up, will you?

Knitting progress: close to halfway through the first sleeve on the Inka pullover. The sleeves look nice so far. Off to file more job applications!

5 comments:

  1. You could move to Germany and, um, enhance your age a bit and work for:
    http://www.netgranny.ch/sockenshop/index.php?language=en

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have friends my age with grandchildren in elementary school already, so technically, I could do it. Gosh, I think we've found our business model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still thinking of you and wishing you well on the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the whole dog sweater thing. Apparently, there aren't any nice, natural-fiber dog sweaters to be found at any price in Austin!

    Best of luck on the continued job search!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks fo the kind comment on my scarf. I'm wishing you lots of luck on finding a job - -the dog sweater venture sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!