Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Knit, Knit, Knit


Bam Boo Raglan Front
Originally uploaded by sunasak
It was pointed out to me that I haven't blogged in DAYS. OK, since Friday, which isn't all that long. It is the fault of Jody the Enabler, who spun that nice wedding shawl yarn and went with me to get my lovely wedding shawl beads, which is leading to so much knitting and bead fun that I haven't wanted to stop to blog. But this post is for Jody, because I am so happy she called the yarn shop while I was there so I got to talk to her and reassure myself that she is getting by OK in the Netherlands. I worry about my knitting pals, ya know.

So, here is a photo of the Bam Boo Raglan cardigan, which I whipped out in 8 days. Amazing how much you can knit when work isn't edging into your knitting time. This is pre-blocking. It fits a bit better now and the stockinette edges curl less. Click the photo to go to my Flickr pages to see the back. It's very nice and light-weight, which means it's a great summer top. I am wearing the white sideways cardigan today, and it is a perfect thing to wear over a camisole on an incredibly hot Texas day!

My current and total focus is on the wedding shawl, however. The "A Girl's Best Friend" pattern is really nice. It is very easy to follow and it's so much fun seeing how the next set of beads looks that you have a hard time stopping with it. I am already into the medium diamonds section, so I'd say I am over halfway done. The edging has lots more beads in it, though, so I imagine it will go more slowly. Jody's handspun really knits up nicely and is quite consistent, though she says that the second skein is a bit thicker. Since I'll only be using that yarn at the end, that will probably be OK (and I may not need it--the first part of the yarn is holding up well).

Other than cooking, cleaning, interviewing, and driving the kids around (now that they are back from Ireland, yay), all I am doing is knitting. I'll get a lot done while I wait to hear back on interviews! Keep sending "good job" vibes if you are so inclined!

4 comments:

  1. the wedding shawl is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dragonfly, you should see it in person. I’m looking forward to seeing it complete and serving its purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl and its wearer are going to be stunning on that day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cardigan looks great! 8 days?!? I'd love to hav 8 days of just knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!