Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Surprise: I love a thick yarn


Cascade 128 7619
Originally uploaded by sunasak
It surprises me, that's for sure. I am truly LOVING knitting with this Cascade 128 Tweed. It is bulky weight, but perfect for the hat I am knitting from it (Half Pipe Hat from Son of Stich 'n Bitch). It looks so manly and rugged in the ribbing part of the hat, and warm and thick in the top part. I will be sad to finish (which should happen today, or would if I didn't have to sing a lot this evening). I keep thinking this would make a wonderful, warm waistcoat kinda vest to wear over a white shirt. Wow, me liking a big yarn. The last one I liked was the Schaeffer Elaine I made a shrug out of (which I am wearing today.)

The yarn's making my pale wooden needle a little gray (all my other size 3s were in use), but otherwise, it's just wonderful stuff. Very comforting. I can't wait to show you all a picture of it!

That's it for me--I am knitting as much as I can, when the family circumstances let me, and not doing much else!

1 comment:

  1. "I am knitting as much as I can, when the family circumstances let me, and not doing much else!"

    I think this means that we need to spend some time with Ace some time soon. I was wondering about tonight but seems you'll be singing. Perhaps Thursday or Saturday after the shop? We could do cards and Ace and just hang out. Possibly with no boys allowed? =)

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!