Monday, December 31, 2007

Don't Forget! I Need Lacy Wedding Ideas!

This post is going to sit at the top of the blog for a while, so I can implore, wheedle, cajole and beg my readers to keep my need for input into lacy wedding outfit ideas in mind while browsing the Internets. This blog post has the details and the collection of suggestions from readers, as well as an ongoing list of things I have run across.

I'm just asking you to keep an eye out for something that would look nice on a short, medium-weight currently red-headed woman who will be 50 at her wedding (I hate to admit that). I was thinking of wearing a lacy cardigan or jacket over a silk dress (the dress will be picked to go with the lace item). I would consider a shrug or maybe a shawl. The wedding will either be in the spring or the fall, and as far as we know will be outdoors (I would not survive an outdoor wedding in Texas).* So think not-too-hot, not-too-cold.

If you see anything on the web or Ravelry, post a comment on this post or The original blog post and I will be grateful! Thanks!

*Lee gets a vote in all these decisions, so I don't know exactly what we are doing until we get around to deciding.

16 comments:

  1. No ideas, but I'll start keeping an eye out. I wanted to say congratulations though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suna, have you seen this:
    http://stillintheworks.blogspot.com/
    2007/10/diamonds-are-girls-best-
    friend.html

    make it one url...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful. I asked the woman who did it where she got the pattern and she said it was from Jade Sapphire and she got it at her LYS. So far I can't find a vendor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suna - I recently made a shawl for a friend for her son's wedding. It was in blue, but could just as easily have been done in white. It wasn't knitted, but crocheted and was based on a pattern from MaryJane's Stitching Room by MaryJane Butters. Her pattern is a scarf and it's very pretty and lacy. Made a little bit larger, it would be a lovely wrap and would do for cool or warm days.
    HTH,
    Joan a/k/a FSK

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to check out the beautiful (real woman sized) designs at WhiteLiesDesigns.com

    Beautiful jackets,and lacy stuff!

    LC from Ravelry/Knitty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan, I will go look up that pattern. And LC, as a matter of fact, I did go look at White Lies just yesterday and found something to add to the collection of possibilities! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your site via Pink Lemon Twist. I read your profile and saw that you are from Austin. I am a displaced miserable Texan. My family roots are Temple. I miss home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations Suna!!! If I see anything, I'll make sure to send an email/post a comment about it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aHA!! The pattern is available at http://www.allegroyarns.com/Goddess/diamonds.htm and you can use Zephyr if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gretchen!!! Thank you SO much! You totally rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm wrong - it's Sylvia Harding's Diamond Fantasy Shawl, I think

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wah, but that one's nice, too, and you still get bonus points for looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://www.heirloom-knitting.co.uk/projects1.html

    has lots of extremely beautiful shawls

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know patterns to suggest, but one night while our knit-night group was gathered at our LYS, a woman came in and picked out a selection of textures and ranges of off-whites to make a shawl to go with a wedding gown. We never saw the finished project, but the idea of all the different textures together seemed wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blackberry Ridge has patterns and Kits of shawls stoles and scarfs that are absolutely beautiful.
    Danielle aka Sannybug Knits

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw a georgeous lacy shrug I think it was in the holiday edition of interweave knits. I'll have to look it up. If I find it before wednesday I'll bring it to bluebonnet with me.

    ReplyDelete

Suna says thanks for commenting--I love comments!