- I was looking for a nice sock pattern to be the next in line.
- I had just bought this pink yarn, Pale Fire, in Smooshy by Dream in Color (I bought it BEFORE everyone and her Aunt bought it, honest).
- It's raising money for a nice charity in Canada.
- My mentor, Roberta Bishop Johnson, died of breast cancer, and I still miss her. (The link is to a tribute to her that I wrote back when I worked for a nonprofit organization she helped shape.)
- I have one UU church friend undergoing chemo right now, and at least two other church friends who are doing well after dealing with breast cancer.
- My own mother died of cancer (lung, a lifelong smoker) in 1984, and never got to see my children or see me happy with my wonderful man Lee.
- Ramona, who started the KAL seems like a really sweet and caring woman.
So, for all these reasons this is the KAL for me.
Like I said, I already have pink yarn (I don't need to post a picture, since someone posted a nice photo of it all in a yarn cake to the KAL blog already). I just need to finish the Neptune socks and off I go! Neptune will get done tomorrow, probably, since I have another long trip to south Texas to see Lee's dad (recovering from haveing a large skin cancer on his head removed, coincidentally). I will post photos.
You are encouraged to join the KAL (linked above). They are giving out lovely prizes to participants. And, most important, the socks are really pretty!
PS: Mystery Pentagon Project is rolling along. I will need to get more Noro tomorrow at the LYS.